PUYALLUP, Washington, September 03, 2019 /Kiewire/ — Hollander Hospitality announces that the 96-room Holiday Inn Express® – Puyallup will begin an extensive renovation September 30, 2019.
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, is the parent company of the Holiday Inn Express® brand. Hollander Hospitality, the hotel’s ownership and management company, will be investing in the following renovations to the four-story property, creating a new-build look and feel:
- Enhancements will be made to all of the public space, including the lobby, front desk, marketplace, Great Room, hallways, and guest rooms.
- Transformation of the hotel exterior, updating the existing facade to a more welcoming design with modern profile.
- All guest rooms will feature a new design and great guest amenities.
Alissa DeLong, General Manager, said: “We look forward to offering our guests an enhanced stay experience while we continue to offer exceptional levels of customer service.”
The Holiday Inn Express® – Puyallup hotel will feature the brand’s newest design solution which was created to meet the evolving needs of the brand’s target guest. The design features an appealing combination of fresh, energetic and engaging elements, creating a distinctive style that is evident at every touch point of the Holiday Inn Express® brand experience.
Features of the new design include:
- A modernized, open, front desk area that delivers a familiar and expedited check in and out experience.
- Flexible seating in the Great Room, including community tables with built-in charging where guests can collaborate with colleagues or relax with friends and family.
- Refreshingly streamlined guest rooms that provide comforts and features that allow guests to be productive during their stay and have a great night’s sleep, including a built-in niche which houses the under-counter refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and extra supplies in one central location that’s away from the guest bed to reduce noise and enhance quality of sleep, multiple points of power conveniently located throughout the room, and functional storage allowing guests to live out of their suitcase or unpack into a variety of storage options.
The complimentary Express Start® Breakfast offers a full range of breakfast items including a variety of healthy options: Chobani® yogurt, whole wheat English muffins, Kellogg’s® breakfast cereals, Quaker® oatmeal flavors in cups, fruit, and a toppings bar for yogurt and cereal. Additionally, the Express Start® Breakfast offers pancakes from the brand’s one-touch pancake machine, a rotation of egg and meat selections, biscuits, the brand’s proprietary cinnamon rolls, and Smart Roast® 100% Arabica coffee.
The Holiday Inn Express® – Puyallup, located at 812 S. Hill Park Dr., Puyallup, WA, is within walking distance of South Hill Mall and just 2 miles from the Washington State Fairgrounds. The hotel offers business conveniences such as IHG® Connect, which provides a seamless Internet experience, is available for all guests, and an easy access business center. Other amenities include a fitness center, year-round indoor heated pool & whirlpool spa, Keurig® brewers, microwaves, and refrigerators in every room.
The hotel will be closed to the public during the renovation from September 30, 2019, through approximately April 15, 2020. During the closure, Hollander Hospitality will temporarily transfer the Holiday Inn Express® – Puyallup team members to other positions within the Hollander Hospitality portfolio. No layoffs are anticipated during the closure.
The Holiday Inn Express® brand is part of IHG’s diverse family of brands in nearly 100 countries and territories. The scale and diversity of the IHG family of brands means that its hotels can meet guests’ needs whatever the occasion – whether an overnight getaway, a business trip, a family celebration or a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The Holiday Inn Express® brand participates in IHG® Rewards Club.
Alissa DeLong, General Manager
Holiday Inn Express® – Puyallup
NEWS PROVIDED BY Hollander Hospitality